December is the month of the Christmas holiday and lots of other festivities. In Rotterdam a lot is going on and coming up. The ‘Rotterdam Festivals‘ organisation made a list of all activities for a broad taste of audience.
The city of Rotterdam – the place where I live – belongs to the ‘Top 5 best cities’ according to The Lonely Planet. So do you have no idea where to go yet? Maybe take Rotterdam into consideration to visit in – end 2015 or – 2016.
The 10 reasons from Rotterdam Festivals to visit Rotterdam these two months:
- Sinterklaas has his boat – Pakjesboot 12 (little temporary museum) – docked in the famous Port of Rotterdam.
- If you don’t celebrate the festivity Sinterklaas, we have friday the last silent disco night of the year in the Aloha Bar (–> the Facebook event)
- Festival Silent Night is december 21st in a few famous music bars! –> Rotown Silent Night
- The winter Christmas markets are being build at several locations. (Schiedam, Rotterdam city center…several nearby municipality villages)
- A winterfair in the eventhall Ahoy (from today until december 6th)
- Every fridayevening is shopping evening in Rotterdam! And when the city is filled with lights it is very nice to walk around and do some shopping!
- On december 18th different groups of choirs of different churches will sing Christmassongs around de famous ‘Koopgoot’.
- At New Year’s Eve you can watch spectacular fireworks on the bridge from a boat or just watch it on the banks of the river Maas.
- You can taste the best oliebol already in our city, or try another good one at one of the many ‘Oliebollen stalls’.
- And there are, to start the new year with a good party, several big – and small – festivities around town! The yearly famous party is always held at the Maassilo (around 2500-5000 people)
Have lots of fun in Rotterdam!
Greetings by Sophie
Inspired by Rotterdam Festivals news item
Lonely Planet article: Best in Travel 2016
Image from: Vervoorn fotografie