In september most studies start with the new study year. In september most people are back to work again after being on holiday. And september is also the month with lots of festivals. It is not the end of the festival season yet. On tuesday I already started with my year of study but besides study I have during the weekends now and then time left to do something cultural or social with my family and friends. For example going to a festival or cultural event.
If you are visiting The Netherlands or Rotterdam this month, maybe you would like to see (one or some of) the events listed below. I am inspired by all the invitations on Facebook, the festival calendar ‘festivalinfo’ and the Rotterdam Festivals because those events are always nearby. In this post are only listed the festivals in Rotterdam. If you want to know which festivals are in other cities: Festival Info
- @ Grotekerkplein: dance workshops and live performances of music
- fri 02 – sun 09 sept:
- World Port Days Rotterdam: lots of activities, ships, history, tours and so on… @Parkkade, @Katendrecht, @Erasmusbridge @Wilhelminapier @Harbour areas.
- International Shanty Festival: music @Leuvehaven, @Plein 1940, @Wijnhaven, @Oude Haven areas
- ‘Nacht van de Kaap’ [Night of the Kaap]: music@Katendrecht acts: 24
- sat 03 sept 12:00 – 21:00 : ‘BeSouk Delfshaven’: live music performances, little marketplace, food and drinks, take a picture with a camel haha @Park 1943
- thu 08 – sun 11 sept: Gergiev Festival 2016: music performances by the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra and the conductor Valery Gergiev @De Doelen
- sat 10 sept 12:00 – 22:15: Baroeg Open Air: free music festival with styles as metal, punk, industrial, rock and underground music. @Zuiderpark, acts: 16
- thu 15 – sun 18 sept: ‘Rotterdamse Kost’ an ode to the classics of Rotterdam @Museumpark
- fr 23 – sun 25 sept: ‘Djeema el Fna’ Food Festival Rotterdam @Museumpark
- thu 27 sept – mon 3 okt: European Championship Wado Karate @Topsportcentrum Rotterdam
Some of the free festivals this month in other parts of The Netherlands
- 01 sept: Dancetour Doetinchem – Doetinchem, acts: 38
- 02-03 sept: Culture Festival Baarn – Baarn, acts: 4
- 02-04 sept: Stadsfestival Zwolle – Zwolle
- 03 sept: Epop Festival – Epe, acts: 11
- 03 sept: Koud Severen Open Air Festival – Drunen, acts: 12
- 03 sept: Embassy Festival – The Hague, acts: 4
- 03 sept: Day of a 1000 cultures – Amsterdam
- 03 sept: Koppelpop – Susteren, acts: 10
- 04 sept: Celtic afternoon – Alkmaar
- 05 sept: Classic Music Terschelling – Oosterend, Terschelling
- 07-08 sept: Dutch Delta Sounds – Amsterdam, acts: 24 <- not free!
- 08 sept: PAS Festival – Maastricht
- 08 sept: TREK 2016 – The Hague
- 09-10 sept: Appelpop – Tiel, acts: 29 <- recommend
- 10 sept: Foodielicious Festival – Bruinisse, acts: 4
- 10 sept: The Sound of Loosduinen – The Hague, acts: 8
- 10 sept: Oldschool @ Tha Beach – Amsterdam
- 10 sept: Brilliant Singer Songwriter Festival – Haarlem, acts: 7
- 10 sept: Festival Zoute Neuzen – Terneuzen, acts: 5
- 11 sept: IJsseljazz – Gorssel, acts: 8
- 11 sept: Het Kadefestival – Utrecht, acts: 15
- 15 sept: Popround Nijmegen – Nijmegen, acts: 89
- 16 sept: Popround Apeldoorn – Apeldoorn, acts 32
- 16 sept: Rrrollend Groningen – Groningen <- recommend
- 17 sept: Popround Zwolle – Zwolle, acts 26
- 17 sept: Beegter Bluesrock Festival – Grevenbicht, acts: 4
- 17-18 sept: Breda Barst – Breda, acts: 48
- 20-21 sept: Indiestad – Amsterdam, acts: 12
The rest of the festival list you can find on: Festival Info , not much information is known yet of the small festivals at the end of the month.
Which event(s) will you attend?
Enjoy the music, the food and have fun!
Greetings by Sophie