The first Future Tech event of Microsoft was last Wednesday at the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht, The Netherlands. It is an IT conference for Microsoft technologies and it focusses on several subjects. These subjects are ‘Artificial Intelligence’, ‘Mixed Reality’ (‘Virtual Reality’ & ‘Augmented Reality’). ‘Blockchain’, ‘Security’, ‘Internet of Things’ and ‘Future Teams’.
The event in facts:
- 2 Keynotes
- How microteams change the way we collaborate. Again – by Sander Hoogendoorn
- Synthetic – by Sander Duivestein
- 3 Workshops
- Workshop: Conversational AI Demystified: Build your Bot Live on Stage – by Sascha Wolter.
- Workshop: Connect Industrial-IoT devices to the cloud using Azure IoT Edge – by Jan Willem Groenenberg
- Workshop: Plant a tree in Windows Mixed Reality – by Joost van Schaik
- 11 Partners / Businesses at the event
- Main sponsor: Microsoft
- Info Support
- Team Rockstars IT
- 24 Masterclasses
- Artificial Intelligence
- Dawn of the planet of Artificial Intelligence – by Martin Opdam
- Rub a little Artificial Intelligence (AI) on it – by Roelant Dieben
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for every developer – by Gian Paolo Santopaolo
- DevOps for Artificial Intelligence (AI): How to test your AI solution – by Bas Niesink
- Deploying scalable Machine Learning models with Kubernetes – by Alessandro Vozza
- Affective Computing: What is it and why should I care? – by Håkan Silfernagel
- Securing an Azure Fuction REST API with Azure Active Directory – by Rick van den Bosch
- Getting started with Azure Machine Learning services – by Henk Boelman
- Architecting for ML.NET & Cognitive Services – by Alex de Groot
- Do It Yourself: Deep Fakes or “Why deep fakes are dangerous and how to make them” – by James Ashley
- Mixed Reality
- Mixed Reality (MR) meets Artificial Intelligence (AI) – by Dave Smits
- Deep Dive into Magic Leap, HoloLens and Mixed Reality’s (MR’s) Future – by James Ashley
- Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR): the new reality for training & performing – by Saskia Groenewegen
- Self Sovereign Identity – by Eduardo Leegwater Simöes
- Solving real-world-problems with distributed ledger technology – by Sander Gerz
- Resilience starts with code. Any attack starts with code. – by Brenno de Winter
- Internet of Things
- Internet of Things (IoT) and the platform revolution – by Remi Caron
- Building Internet of Things (IoT) solutions using Azure IoT Edge – by Edwin van Wijk
- Solidifying industrial Internet of Things (IoT) with Azure IoT Hub – by Eldert Grootenboer
- Introducing Azure Durable Functions for serverless .NET orchestrations – by Carl in ‘t Veld.
- Future Teams
- High Performance Teams -De vijf kenmerken van een succesvol team – by Thomas de Klerk.
- From Developer to Development Manager – by Pat Hermens
- Do proper monoliths before you o proper microservices! – by Jan de Vries
- Chaos Engineering: The fine art of breaking stuff in production – by Geert van der Cruijsen
- Artificial Intelligence
So this is a big list and I could not join all the masterclasses of course nor the workshops due to the timeschedule. But I chose to choose some of the masterclasses and focussed on the ‘Internet of Things’ and ‘Mixed Reality’ subjects.
I loved the differentiation in the subject, the huge amount of masterclasses, some talks and multiple workshops. A lunch and drinks were also included in the ticket so no worries about getting through the masterclasses and taking care of your own food and drinks. Every business had also it’s own little challenge to win something and I had a good talk with some of them and I’ll see what the future brings for me as a junior tester and developer. In another blog post I’ll write about the masterclasses I followed, based on my notes, and the amazing stuff I have seen and learned about.
One of the masterclasses was about Mixed Reality and the introduction of the HoloLens 2 created by Microsoft, that was recently presented at the MWC (formerly Mobile World Congress) event 2019 two weeks ago.
Introducing Microsoft HoloLens 2
Thanks to my teacher from the minor Data Engineering for informing me and help me to visit this event.
Do you visit conferences or other tech events?
Greetings by Sophie